Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution means saving and/or sharing particular content on a web server administered by a web hosting vendor. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's study them. In that way, you can elect what you need, depending on whether you wish to have a site, email accounts, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution made available by some providers, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts are often supported by exhibiting ads beside the download links, while a timer forces you to await a particular span of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is an entirely unsuitable explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would apportion the workload between individual hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different website hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a brand of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given firms provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is good if you desire to share an immense amount of images with pals or associates since the solution is generally free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to taking care of your e-mails. Some firms offer webspace hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an email service. If you would like to run an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can open email accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and several hundred viewers, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to operate as many video files as you want without hassling about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to have a website. To some extent, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting categories since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and mail addresses, upload videos, and so on. At Website Tool Solutions, for example, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for particular content solely.